(no subject)
Nov. 20th, 2011 03:54 am* Squirrel's car is dieing. That's the only car we have left. Luckily, we can borrow the truck until Tuesday. I don't know what happens after that.
* We took another load across. I finished the last tank, collected some odds and ends, and packed more office stuff. Greenwick's been packing more of the kitchen. Squirrel's washing the wall hangings for me. I meant to bring more food over tonight, but needed the baskets for laundry. I'm trying to process the stuff that came today. I managed to break a tank lid, carrying a too heavy load through the moving feline obstacle course. One more thing to replace in spring during annual restock. I keep trying to lure Squirrel into sleeping over here as it's getting increasingly more primitive over there. You can't flush the toilet without filling the tan with buckets by hand. Squirrel and Greenwick are wearing out, and I'm having trouble controlling my legs.
Packing wise, I have luggage and clothes in the bedroom closet. ( I use clothes as wraps for fragile things, thus moving clothes and glassware at once. There are things in two other closets, stuff under the sink, some more office stuff and odds and ends about the living room, Halloween decorations, and the rest of the kitchen. The rest is boxed, so if we can't get it across, the movers can on Wednesday. We are nearly out of boxes over there, so I'm hoping to unpack more tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday are packing days. Then it's cleaning time.
* The cats are all agitated. LM is currently head kitty as Mache is too depressed by the loss of her old territory to properly assert herself. Mache has forgiven me enough to come over to cadge pets with the others, so she shows signs of recovering.
As I haven't moved the crank can openers across, I've been using my Swiss army knife to open cans. This is not only slower and more annoying, but much quieter. The cats have not figured out that soft amid all the strange background sound is also a can opener. the result is the goosh arrives as if via ninja, taking the clowder by surprise. They come when called, so no one misses out, but it's amusing to see their bewildered joy.
* We took another load across. I finished the last tank, collected some odds and ends, and packed more office stuff. Greenwick's been packing more of the kitchen. Squirrel's washing the wall hangings for me. I meant to bring more food over tonight, but needed the baskets for laundry. I'm trying to process the stuff that came today. I managed to break a tank lid, carrying a too heavy load through the moving feline obstacle course. One more thing to replace in spring during annual restock. I keep trying to lure Squirrel into sleeping over here as it's getting increasingly more primitive over there. You can't flush the toilet without filling the tan with buckets by hand. Squirrel and Greenwick are wearing out, and I'm having trouble controlling my legs.
Packing wise, I have luggage and clothes in the bedroom closet. ( I use clothes as wraps for fragile things, thus moving clothes and glassware at once. There are things in two other closets, stuff under the sink, some more office stuff and odds and ends about the living room, Halloween decorations, and the rest of the kitchen. The rest is boxed, so if we can't get it across, the movers can on Wednesday. We are nearly out of boxes over there, so I'm hoping to unpack more tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday are packing days. Then it's cleaning time.
* The cats are all agitated. LM is currently head kitty as Mache is too depressed by the loss of her old territory to properly assert herself. Mache has forgiven me enough to come over to cadge pets with the others, so she shows signs of recovering.
As I haven't moved the crank can openers across, I've been using my Swiss army knife to open cans. This is not only slower and more annoying, but much quieter. The cats have not figured out that soft amid all the strange background sound is also a can opener. the result is the goosh arrives as if via ninja, taking the clowder by surprise. They come when called, so no one misses out, but it's amusing to see their bewildered joy.