(no subject)
Dec. 29th, 2013 04:15 am* 1.3 million people are losing unemployment insurance tomorrow to punish them for losing their jbs in the economic crisis and not being able to find new ones what with a national average of three applicants for every job. The Republicans insist this is necessary because it is easier for homeless people to find jobs than for people with homes, phones, interview clothes, access to the internet etc.. They insist rendering people homeless is somehow doing them "a favor." Even though all this is an outright lie, Republican cruelty triumphs over logic, evidence, and the right thing to do when it come to national policy.
* "Church official has conviction reversed:" http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/27/07/08/church-official-has-conviction-reversed
"A Catholic church official in the US jailed for his handling of priest sex abuse complaints has had his conviction overturned."
* Another study showing housing the homeless is way cheaper than leaving them on the streets. "Wyoming can give homeless a place to live, and save money:" http://wyofile.com/kerrydrake/wyoming-homelessness-place-live-save-money/
* "McDonald's removes worker site in fast food flap:" http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/26/mcdonalds-fast-food-flap/4207891/
* "Book bannings on the rise in US schools, says anti-censorship group:" http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/23/book-bannings-rise-us-censorship
* "When You Defend Phil Robertson, Here's What You're Really Defending:" http://www.businessinsider.com/when-you-defend-phil-robertson-heres-what-youre-really-defending-2013-12
* "Gender and the Body Language of Power :" http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2013/12/27/gendered-and-the-body-language-of-power/
* "Christian Has Been Found!" http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2013/12/christian-has-been-found.html
* At some point Friday night, I reached the part of the move where this stopped feeling like "Home." I don't feel like I live in the new place yet though.
* Last Call for Solstice Readings.
* I have a tea circular swap with lots of openings.
http://www.bpal.org/topic/82583-just-tea-winter-circular-swap/page__pid__2386098#entry2386098
* "Was Dickenss Christmas Carol borrowed from Lowells mill girls?" http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/12/15/dickens/vFjBRRSBUtzHVH9DXiCSSL/story.html?s_campaign=8315
* "Church official has conviction reversed:" http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/27/07/08/church-official-has-conviction-reversed
"A Catholic church official in the US jailed for his handling of priest sex abuse complaints has had his conviction overturned."
* Another study showing housing the homeless is way cheaper than leaving them on the streets. "Wyoming can give homeless a place to live, and save money:" http://wyofile.com/kerrydrake/wyoming-homelessness-place-live-save-money/
* "McDonald's removes worker site in fast food flap:" http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/26/mcdonalds-fast-food-flap/4207891/
* "Book bannings on the rise in US schools, says anti-censorship group:" http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/23/book-bannings-rise-us-censorship
* "When You Defend Phil Robertson, Here's What You're Really Defending:" http://www.businessinsider.com/when-you-defend-phil-robertson-heres-what-youre-really-defending-2013-12
* "Gender and the Body Language of Power :" http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2013/12/27/gendered-and-the-body-language-of-power/
* "Christian Has Been Found!" http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2013/12/christian-has-been-found.html
* At some point Friday night, I reached the part of the move where this stopped feeling like "Home." I don't feel like I live in the new place yet though.
* Last Call for Solstice Readings.
* I have a tea circular swap with lots of openings.
http://www.bpal.org/topic/82583-just-tea-winter-circular-swap/page__pid__2386098#entry2386098
* "Was Dickenss Christmas Carol borrowed from Lowells mill girls?" http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/12/15/dickens/vFjBRRSBUtzHVH9DXiCSSL/story.html?s_campaign=8315