* "Tories vote down law requiring landlords make their homes fit for human habitation:" http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-landlords-make-their-homes-fit-for-human-habitation-a6809691.html#gallery
* "Rage bursts onto London streets after Grenfell Tower fire:" https://socialistworker.co.uk/art/44819/Rage+bursts+on+to+London+streets+after+Grenfell+Tower+fire
* "Theresa May's chief of staff 'sat on' report warning high-rise blocks like Grenfell Tower were vulnerable to fire:" http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-mays-chief-staff-sat-10620357
* "Just $3 extra per panel could have made the London Tower cladding fireproof:" http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/claims-spending-just-another-8000-would-have-ensured-the-grenfell-towers-cladding-was-fireproof/news-story/838d5bd32a820bd9b13b3eee97278ede
* I am so furious about the Grenfell Tower Fire that I've been unable to formulate a coherent posting about it. There needs to be a reckoning for everyone of the heartless fat cats who made the decisions that contributed to this. 10,000 pounds per victim should not be enough to buy off people who lost everything and many of whom were maimed or killed because of greed and cruelty and class warfare against the poor.
* Republicans want to remind you that bumping three million children off their health care is absolutely necessary to give the wealthiest people a tax cut which is why it is right and ethical to rush their Trumpcare bill through the senate without debate or deliberation. After all, killing innocent Americans by denying them healthcare for treatable illnesses so the .1% can get richer can't start soon enough in their opinion, so why wait?
* "Black Flight Attendant Saves Young Girl From Sex Trafficking:" http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2017/02/black-flight-attendant-saves-young-girl-from-sex-trafficking/
* "Valerie Castile Speaks In Wake Of Unjust Verdict:" http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2017/06/valerie-castile-speaks-in-wake-of.html
* "White Students Share Photoshopped Image of Black Classmate Being Lynched:" http://www.bet.com/news/national/2017/06/12/student-pictured-under-noose-posted-to-school-chat-room.html?cid=facebook&utm_content=buffer6eddf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
* "Anxiety soaked instances of power:" https://mxbumblepants.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/anxiety-soaked-instances-of-power/
* "Where Do Ex-Evangelicals Come From?:" https://chrisstroop.com/2017/06/07/where-do-ex-evangelicals-come-from/?preview_id=6996&preview_nonce=a285655f92
* "Scientists say the rapid sinking of Louisiana’s coast already counts as a ‘worst case scenario’:" https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/06/15/scientists-say-the-rapid-sinking-of-louisianas-coast-already-counts-as-a-worst-case-scenario/?utm_term=.403056a7c04f&wpisrc=nl_most-draw14&wpmm=1
* "Hawaii Becomes the First State to Pass a Bill in Support of Universal Basic Income:" https://futurism.com/hawaii-becomes-the-first-state-to-pass-a-bill-in-support-of-universal-basic-income/
* "Clay pot fragments reveal early start to cheese-making, a marker for civilization:" https://phys.org/news/2013-01-clay-pot-fragments-reveal-early.html
* Damn. Vir Kotto was glorious. "Stephen Furst, 'Animal House' actor, dies:" http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/17/entertainment/stephen-furst-obit/index.html
* Oh Gods. I left the house around 11AM Saturday and was working on the move all day. I got home... 9:15? 9:30? We picked up a local load and two of us unpacked it at the new house. We went to the old house to switch people, then on to UHAUL, where it turned out THEY DIDN"T HAVE OUR TRUCK. It was up in Lynden. I refused to go search Lynden, burning a ton of gas and abandoning our car up there with no way to retrieve it as we would have to return the truck here. It was good I was stubborn. They drove all the way up there to get it only to find out the assholes had rented it out from under us. This took them an hour. They had no smaller vehicles I could take, and stuck us with a full sized moving van, which is twice the size of the largest thing I'd ever driven, too big for the job, and too big for residential roads. It was terrifying to drive and curves were nightmares. They must be out by Monday. We had to take it. The asshole new owners had cleverly parked so I could not maneuver the truck into a reasonable position, which meant anything larger or heavier than i could carry on my head or shoulder had to go two sides of a truck length triangle. Luckily, I could go the hypoteneuse, but still, if they hadn't had to have their three large vehicles in the way, I could have turned around and we could have had a straight line from house to truck. I carried everything I could, while the asshole new owners blasted music, used heavy equipment for which we were not issued ear protection, and allowed their fucking bark happy chihuahua to worry our legs as we were carrying heavy shit. I am, of course, not meant to be carrying anything, but we had four hours to load nearly everything they owned into a frigging moving van with two able bodied people, plus me. I did what I good, taking breaks when I had to. I feel really bad for having to take a whole hour off near the end, but I needed to be in some shape to drive a vehicle nearly the size of a bus. By that point my legs were barely working anyway. Anyway, I gave them the half hour warning, carried a few more things. They said they were doneish for the night anyway. It went against the grain to not fill the truck, but we needed to have had one more person to have made that happen. I went and asked the asshole new owners to move the truck making it impossible for me to leave, which they did do, plus restrained or had their kid restrain the dogs, which was a load of my mind as I was terrified of running one of them over. We were one the road on time and made it to the other place. I had had plenty of time to think about how the fuck we were getting a bus sized truck onto those back roads and park it without sutting off a road's worth of traffic for 3+ hours estimated unload time. My plan to go past the scary sharp turn on the main road and loop back via roads I'd scouted earlier proved excellent as we were able to slide into the lot of the apartment complex next door where there was actual room to park as long as I stayed close in case someone needed more back up room to leave, which didn't happen. (There was room for normal cars to get in and out fine, but if one of the pick ups or SUVs in one section of the complex needed to back out of a spot, I'd have had to pull forward. I was right there and luckily, no one needed to leave after 6:15 or so when we pulled in.) I carried a few things in, but mostly moved stuff from the back of the truck to the front for easy unloading. It only took 2 and a halfish hours to unload, in part because an extra person turned up half way through, so that meant we were out before dark and well ahead of having to turn the beast back in. We gassed up on the way to drop Monster truck off, and I managed it all with only one scary turn. The other moving buddy was kind enough to buy me pizza all day, which was lucky as no way could I cook in this condition and hadn't eaten all day. We did get the bulk of it out. They have other help tomorrow, so I can rest. Monday, I stay up all night and go get the animals out.
I am in a scary amount of pain, shaking, and likely these are all the spoons for the week for non-absolute subsistence tasks. My legs barely work. It had to be done. They must be out Monday.
If I suck or am missing in the near future from venues where I am expected, this is why.
* I got talked into trying Sons of Anarchy. It always surprises me how triggery Biker Gangs are for me. For example, I get sporked every time that post about that one club that does good charity goes across my tumblr dash, and my strong reaction startles me every fucking time. (There is nothing wrong with people reblogging that thing. This is the very definition of a personal problem) In between I forget though, I think because nothing in my west coast life has anything to do with bikers, and unlike with the large complex ball of things I short hand as "gaslighting," but which is actually a big ball of things entwined inextricably with gaslighting, my biker thing is super specific. I'm fine passing the Harley shop down by the Dairy Queen. I'm not even twinged by individual guys or even several guys on bikes. Warlocks are an East Coast club, and it's not like I'm going to see them around here, and the ones that knew my face were super local to that section of Philly and it's not like they'd remember or care after this many decades even if I were recognizable, which I am not. They stopped spotting me about three-four years after I went away to college, and I'm guessing I was well forgotten by then, the whole mess not having been one of their finest hours and embarrassing to all concerned.
It actually takes bikers in a group wearing the regalia, and usually prolonged exposure, modified by context. Five guys formation riding passing me on the highway is a twinge, not a problem. One guy in regalia minding his own business at a dinner is a twinge, not a problem. Since it takes a lot to set it off, and there isn't much that goes on since I moved to the PNW in '91, it's easy to forget in the long stretches between something happening, and it also means that unlike the Gaslighting tangle, I haven't spent literal decades on controlled desensitization. It's one of those things where I worked the important bulk of the trauma through ages ago. I've told the story of my senior year of high school more times than I can count, I believe most recently in a posting about how much Mickey Milkovich on Shameless matters to me and why he rips my heart out every damned time. It really is just this super specific reaction to some super specific input that happens hardly ever.
So of course I didn't think how I was going to feel when I popped the library DvD in... I'm thinking Friday. The acting is excellent. I am fond if several of the cast from other things. I spotted the Hamlet riff right off and am pleased by it, along with the complexity, but...? Yeah. It's not that bad, but it startled me how intense it was the first time it hit. It's not constant, or I wouldn't be doing this. I thought it over and decided it's a good desensitization tool and I should do this, so I've been doing it. My response to the art itself is complicated and not something I am even close to being able to word. It my never be. Was this the ideal weekend to start the project, what with the emergency Move final push? no, but I felt like if I didn't start it I might not, and I made a deal with myself way back in '86, when it became clear I'd never be able to make use of psychiatry, before this particular comparatively minor biker related trauma even happened, about how I was going to handle old scars and psych damage and I've kept that bargain. It's the only safe way to do it if I have to go solo. I am super strict. I have to be, and it serves me well.
So I've been doing this. I'm watching the whole first season before sending it back. I'm okay. I'm likely never going to want to be around bikers voluntarily, but I do think I can desensitize so tumblr won't spork me any more, which is really all I want out of sons of anarchy at this point.
* "Fear The Walking Dead, Season Three, Episodes One and Two:" http://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/2017/06/fear-walking-dead-season-three-episodes.html
* I was watching a thing on pollution in Russia, which randomly used the opening bars of Spectre of the Rose as background music. Clueless use of random classical music or extremely snarky musical commentary?
* Full list of Resistance and charity links has been migrated to my profile as it was getting out of hand.
* "What can I do to help Syria?:" http://gwydionmisha.tumblr.com/post/161385222607/what-can-i-do-to-help-syria
* This App phones your rep for you: http://takeastance.us/
* Here is one that will send your reps a fax: https://resistbot.io/
* "So, what can people do?*:" http://brigdh.tumblr.com/post/161640495373/so-what-can-people-do
* Want to fight Climate Change? "Ready to Mobilize? Start Here!:" http://www.theclimatemobilization.org/start_here
* Distressed by the anti-gay genocide in Chechnya and the anti-gay laws in Russia? Donate here: https://lgbtnet.org/en
* The Rainbow Road and other ways to help Gay Refugees: http://gwydionmisha.tumblr.com/post/160470723507/the-rainbow-railroad-is-helping-gay-men-escape
* This is a Real Life friend of mine. They do very much need the money and a number of people and beasts depend on him and his husband. They have been incredibly helpful and supportive of me. If you can kick in, it is a kindness.: https://www.youcaring.com/tod-788345
* This is my oldest continuous Real Life friend. She is disabled and really needs the money for herself and beasts. To buy jewelry from her: https://www.etsy.com/shop/karjack
* Help pay for cat food, litter, meds, medical copays: Paypal Lethran@gmail.com
* Want Game of Thrones without the creepy? We need new players. We are very inclusive. "Game of Bones MUSH:" gobmush.wikidot.com